Job Title: Executive Director
• To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization
• With the president, enable the Board to fulfill its governance function
• To give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
Reports to: Board of Directors
1. Give vision and leadership to the strategic and day-to-day program implementation of Marian’s Closet and the Board
2. Attends non-executive session board meetings
3. Board Administration and Support – supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, and interfacing between Board and staff.
4. Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
5. Human Resource Management – Effectively manages the human resources of the organization through authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
6. Community and Public Relations – Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
7. Fundraising (nonprofit-specific) – Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
Specific committee responsibilities:
1. Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
2. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
3. Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
4. Maintain official records, documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
1. See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
2. Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals.
3. Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
4. Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In Relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for the recruitment and release of volunteers and with the board employment of paid staff
2. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
3. See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
4. Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
5. Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, promotes, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
2. Work with the staff and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
3. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
4. Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
1. Manifests evidence of personal faith in Jesus Christ, knowledge of the scriptures, and a theological perspective that undergirds ecumenical action
2. Strong management and supervisory skills and experience
3. Able to represent Marian’s Closet and or the Board of Directors denominations in both the secular and sectarian arenas.
4. Demonstrates leadership ability in strategizing and coalition building.
5. Demonstrates effectiveness and lead experience in fund development.
6. Established grant writing experience
7. Proven commitment to ecumenism; experience in the ecumenical arena. Exhibiting the ability to work with all community churches and various faiths.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Bachelor’s Degree required; Master Degree preferred.
To apply for the Marian’s Closet Executive Director position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to P.O. Box 841 Wadsworth, OH 44282.